Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

As those of you following me on twitter saw yesterday, I finished my line edit of my WIP, Open Eyes, which you can find on the Projects page. I've been working on this nonstop almost all year, and I felt so accomplished when I was able to close the binder holding all those pages together and say I was done (for the moment).

But now what do I do? Since it's the first of a series, I'm extremely tempted to move on to book two, and already have worked on it quite a bit. At the same time, the clock is ticking for me to start sending out queries, but I'm not quite prepared yet. I've spent all day today trying to refine queries and 'stalking' agents that I think might be interested, and I am exhausted, and still not sure when I will actually start sending the queries out.

So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Work on book two (which kind of feels like starting all over again) or work on querying (which is starting for the first time). Part of me wants to just wait until my betas and alphas get back to me and then go back and edit again, but I know that won't get me anywhere.

So instead, I've decided that until my reviewers get back to me, I'm going to work on the second book in the series, Secondhand Heart. Though it's overwhelming, I'll actually be making some progress, instead of writing query letters that I have no idea when I'm going to send.

What are your thoughts? What would your next step in the process be?

♥tg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...