Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Answers to questions....and the BIG question

Thanks to those who asked questions! Here are my answers!



Katrina L. Lantz said: What's your favorite movie from the past couple of years?


(Katrina's blog)

That's so hard because I love movies so much! One of my top favorites is definitely Harry Potter 7 part 2. Closely followed by Tangled. Sherlock Holmes is up there as well, as is Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I can't really narrow it down further than that...




Becky Mahoney said: What aspect of writing (dialogue, description, action, etc) do you think you're best at? (P.S - GOOD LUCK!)


(Becky's blog)

Thanks for the good luck wishes :) I'm definitely best at conveying emotions. I was going to say description, but sometimes I describe way too much and sometimes too little. But conveying emotions, whether through dialogue, inner monologue, or descriptions is my strength.



Prerna Pickett said: favorite books?


(Prerna's blog)

ANGELFIRE by Courtney Allison Moulton is my all time fav at the moment. Closely followed by Harry Potter, the COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexander Dumas, the ODYSSEY (yes, the epic poem), and TEN LITTLE INDIANS (also entitled AND THEN THERE WERE NONE) by Agatha Christie. All are amazing works of literature for all different reasons. If you haven't read one of them, do it!



Michelle McLean said: any weird writing habits you MUST do while writing?


(Michelle's blog)

For a while, I could not write without a bag of Doritos at my side. Thankfully I've broken that habit. In general, I HAVE to have music on, and there's one particular playlist on grooveshark.com that works best. Also, whenever I get stuck I play Minesweeper. Trying to break that habit too...

Susan Francino said: Hi Tiffany! I'm on blogger now :D How does acting and theater in general help you with/influence your writing? And good luck--I hope you got your major of choice!


Welcome to blogger, and thanks for the good wishes!

LOVE this question! I can't even begin to describe how many ways it's helped me improve my writing and be a better writer from the start. There's characterization, the structure of a story, making things seem natural, dialogue--sooo many aspects! I think I'm going to have to make an entire post about this one (thanks for the idea)!

And now for the BIG question I know you're wondering about...

Did I get into my major?

I got this email in my inbox about an hour ago:

Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for your recent application for admission to the Theatre Arts Education program at Brigham Young University. We are unable to make a decision on your application at this time. 

We would like you to make an appointment as soon as possible to meet with [such and such a counselor] to discuss your application and interest in the Theatre Arts Education program.  Please initiate contact with [said counselor] to schedule a time to meet; she can be reached at [provided email].

We appreciate your interest in the Theatre Arts Education program and look forward to meeting with you.

The BYU Theatre Arts Education Admissions Committee


So the answer is, obviously, I still don't know. It's about to kill me. This is worse than querying could ever be.

I'm trying to set up an appointment for tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some news for you then.

In the meantime, any more questions to keep me distracted? lol

♥tg

4 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAAAT. I am flipping out on your behalf. Are they trying to torture you?!

    Um, distractions. Let's see. Tell me about what you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're READING. Sorry. I don't speak English tonight, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrible! Agh! D:
    Umm...well, since I've read some of your work, I'm interested in how you reconcile religion and magic in your fictional worlds. (But if that's too personal it's OK.) Maybe watch a good movie or something to distract yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! That letter is so frustrating, but the Q&A was fun. You have great taste in movies and books. :)

    Distractions? Hmm, I play Sims3. Probably not a good habit to start, though, when you're in college trying to get into a major. You could go Halloween caroling around the dorms with some friends. Sing scary songs.

    (I didn't say I had GOOD ideas!)

    ReplyDelete

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...