Sunday, October 30, 2011

I. LOVE. WRITING.

You know that feeling you get after finishing a really great scene? Going through a round of edits, and making some fantastic changes? Finding out things about your characters you didn't previously know?

I. LOVE. IT.

I just edited a third of my book. Today. A THIRD. And when I say 'edited,' I mean, 'maybe-two-paragraphs-from-chapter-two-stayed-the-same.'

Yeah. Talk about tiring.

But if I didn't have church in the morning, I can guarantee you I'd still be working on it. I'd still be editing. Why? Because it's freakin' amazing!

I love that feeling. I crave that feeling. This is why I started writing in the first place--to feel that accomplishment and excitement. To discover stories, not write them.

(Don't worry, most of my editing is not like my experience with chapter two. But it's definitely been a long haul.)

Don't forget why you started writing!

♥tg

3 comments:

  1. YESSSS! Awesome motivational post :) I might read this just to feed off your energy next time I need a writing pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love your excitement. It's palpable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we totally need to be friends on Nanowrimo. Look me up (Writtled) :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...