Saturday, October 8, 2011

Idea Parade!


So, I've been posting a lot on inspiration lately, and here's yet another one!

Today was our homecoming parade, and I sat out on the side of the road in the cold for an hour and a half, all in the name of school spirit. I've never been a huge fan of parades, mainly because they always seem to be super crowded. I do like the social aspect, though, which is why I attend. I love spending time with friends and family, and it's even better when people are throwing candy at you.

Because of my knee injury, I wasn't able to participate in the candy-grabbing, but I was able to witness it. The parade was only held on half of the road, so the other half (where I was sitting) was still open for cars to drive on. Candy flew through the air towards us, but a very small amount made it safely to our group. The majority of it landed in the middle of the road, to be run over by unsuspecting cars before any of us had the chance to save it.

This got me thinking about inspiration. When an idea comes to us, sometimes it may not come so far as to hit us square in the face. Sometimes we may need to get up and go out to it. Are those ideas any less precious than the ones that come to us? Can we sometimes go to ideas?

How many small ideas have you had that you let float away? Now, I'm not saying we can write something about every little idea we have, but I have a folder on my computer with endless ideas, most of which I will probably never use. Sometimes I get an idea in the middle of a conversation and have to jot a note for myself. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but an idea is precious, and can spark new ideas.

So my challenge to you is to not let those ideas be run over by the cars. Try to pick them up quickly, before it's too late. You never know what jewels you may find.

♥tg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...