- Watched a ton of vampire documentaries, including a documentary on Bram Stoker's Dracula, Discovery Channel's "Monsterquest" series, and National Geographic's "Is It Real?" series.
- Watched a few episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
- Started watching Dracula the movie. Decided to wait till I had other people to watch it with me. (Yes, I am a wimp!)
- Researched the Irish Potato Famine
- Looked into how they lived here in the United States, particularly in Boston
- Researched what kind of jobs they might have and where they might live
- Looked into what diseases were common among the Irish Americans
- Watched a documentary about the civil war
- Researched timelines of the civil war
- Watched a documentary specifically about the Battle of Shiloh, including reenactments of the battle
- Did more reading on the Battle of Shiloh, particularly the battle strategy on the confederate side
What in the world do all these things have in common?
Immortal Scorn, my current WIP!
And no, it doesn't take place during the civil war (though there are chapters told during that time period...)
Anyway, there's just a little peak on what I'm working on! I'm excited to someday have this available for other people to look at!
What have you been working on in the new year?