Monday, July 15, 2013

distractions

I am a child of the 21st century. You would think I would be completely used to the internet, television, and all of the other distractions technology provides. But somehow, I still constantly find myself spending hours doing nothing on the internet. Getting an iPhone didn't help.

It's frustrating. Every time I open my computer (with the intention to write), I end up doing something else for two hours. It's never anything worthwhile - it's always a complete waste of time.

My biggest distraction? Netflix. I spend SO much time on Netflix. And Hulu. Why? Because I love stories. And once I start a story (aka a TV series) I can't rest until I've finished it. I can't tell you how many shows I've seen every episode of - if I actually took the time to count them and figure it out, the number would be depressing.

So for this week, I am swearing off Netflix in order to focus on my writing. There are still plenty of other distractions to keep me from reaching my goal, but I'm more likely to succeed if I don't have my tv on playing episode after episode of The Office.

What's your biggest distraction? How do you discipline yourself?

tg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...