Sunday, July 22, 2012

And here we go again!


This morning, I woke up, took a shower, then sat down at my laptop, like always. Unlike most days, however, I opened up a brand new document in word and began typing.

Starting a new book is an adventure. Months and months will go by where you'll be completely absorbed in this world you've created, getting into the characters' minds, watching the story unfold. Even if you have the story outlined, your characters can surprise you--and you can surprise yourself.

The book I just started is a sequel to the one I just finished, so there's a part of me that doesn't feel like I'm starting a new book. However, the tone of this book is drastically different than the first--the first was very light-hearted up until the end, and this one is very dark. They're the same characters, but there's so much more to discover about them that I don't already know.

I'm excited to get this book underway and see where the characters take me. I know the beginning, some parts in the middle, and the end, but a lot of this is going to be free exploration. That's my favorite kind of writing--where you can just let the words flow naturally and see where it takes you. I'll edit out the boring parts later :P

On a side note, I can't WAIT for the olympics! I'm flying into London the day before they start and leaving the day after they end. Yes, it will be crazy, but I'm so excited!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!


♥tg

2 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to hear how your projects are going! As difficult as drafting can be, I really can hardly wait until I'm back there again. So...very...close!

    And that's so cool that you're going to London to see the Olympics! Nice! (I should have known that was the "vacation" you mentioned. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the new draft, Tiffany - and have an AWESOME time in London! That's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...