Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Killer Characters Blogfest--Protagonist Challenge!

Click here to learn more about the Killer Characters Blogfest, and to find links to others' entries!

So, I missed yesterday's Killer Supporting Characters, but I have an excuse! I passed out at work and my friend forced me to go to the ER, even though it wasn't necessary.

But here I am today, pleased to share my Killer Protagonist!


Ellie from Courtney Allison Moulton's ANGELFIRE!




It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE this book, and a large reason is because the characters are so KILLER! Ellie is not only a real, believable high school student dealing with normal teenage problems, but she's also a kick-butt, reaper-slaying heroine called the Preliator. Oh, and did I mention she has the best sidekick/love interest ever?

I. Love. Will.
There are so many reasons Ellie is a Killer Protagonist, but here's just a few:

1. She's a natural fighter. From the very start, her skills with her khopesh swords (which she summons out of thin air, by the way!) are amazing. At the same time, she trains hard, and gets even better as time goes on.

2. She can enter the Grim. As part of being the Preliator, she has the ability to sense reapers and fight them in a world invisible to mere mortals called the Grim. When she's in the Grim, her mortal friends cannot see her, despite the fact that she can see them.

3. She has a sense of humor. Throughout everything that happens in the books, her sense of humor remains constant. I laughed out loud at more than one point as I read!

4. (DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!! I'M SERIOUS!! MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!) 


...

......

.........

.............

....................

You sure you want to read on? Okay...

......

She is the Archangel Gabriel!! 

How much more KILLER can you get??

Enjoy the rest of the blogfest!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did the spoiler because I haven't read this book, and after reading that info, I HAVE to. Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped the spoiler because I have this on my TBR list. Cool that you picked her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the spoiler heads up. I also haven't read this and you make it sound so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art alone captured my attention! This book sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a very cool book, and a great choice for a killer protagonist.
    Also, I hope you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds fantastic... Definitely a killer protag.

    You FAINTED???? Dushi (that's Curacao-speak for "sweetie"), I would have made you go to the ER too. Glad you're ok, and I hope there's no more fainting in your future, near or distant. Take care of yourself! We want to see your choice for antagonist, ok? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read this book, but you have turned me into a future fan. I will add this to my TBR list. She sounds cool. Great choice and I am glad I read the spoiler. It made me want to read this even more.

    I hope your health is better. Passing out at work necessitates a trip to the E.R. I am with your boyfriend on this one.

    I am a new follower. It is good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never even heard of this before, but now I'm intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have officially interested me in "AngelFire". I've just been to the author's site, as well as to Amazon, to see if I can get hold of it :).

    ReplyDelete

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...