Saturday, January 7, 2012

A sneak preview at my next project

What I did this morning:





  • Watched a ton of vampire documentaries, including a documentary on Bram Stoker's Dracula, Discovery Channel's "Monsterquest" series, and National Geographic's "Is It Real?" series.
  • Watched a few episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" 
  • Started watching Dracula the movie. Decided to wait till I had other people to watch it with me. (Yes, I am a wimp!)










  • Researched the Irish Potato Famine
  • Looked into how they lived here in the United States, particularly in Boston
  • Researched what kind of jobs they might have and where they might live
  • Looked into what diseases were common among the Irish Americans






  • Watched a documentary about the civil war
  • Researched timelines of the civil war
  • Watched a documentary specifically about the Battle of Shiloh, including reenactments of the battle
  • Did more reading on the Battle of Shiloh, particularly the battle strategy on the confederate side


What in the world do all these things have in common?

Immortal Scorn, my current WIP!

And no, it doesn't take place during the civil war (though there are chapters told during that time period...)

Anyway, there's just a little peak on what I'm working on! I'm excited to someday have this available for other people to look at!

What have you been working on in the new year?

♥tg

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm picturing an Irish vampire novel, which I would totally be all over. As an Irish girl myself, I can say that I've been mistaken for a vampire on occasion - we're certainly pale enough! :)

    My R&R will be done by the end of the month, and then I can jump straight into my urban fantasy set in Tokyo. I had been having trouble getting into the main character's head, but she finally clicked for me, so I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds very interesting. It's nice to see some of the research writers put into their work (that's something I need to work on!)

    As for projects, I'm currently 75% of the way through my first draft of my current WIP, which is a fantasy/dystopian YA novel. But I have 2 others first drafts I need to work on, and another idea for a YA contemporary that I am dying to write! When I'm not working on stuff for Uni all I do is write lol.

    Good luck with the new project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very productive day and a very interesting new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You researched a lot and it sounds like so much fun. I love the researching part. I'm always eager to learn something new. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love that you're researching things I would never associate with vamps. It shows a lot of creativity, and makes me wonder how you'll weave it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Share your passion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...